IMPACTOUR ReDiscover Europe Workshop
9 May 2021, from 10.00 to 17.00 CET
1. Download the Workshop Consensus Declaration, attached below in PDF format. (Final version, 18 May 2021).
2. Download conference presentations, below, in PDF format (numbered in programme order).
Dear Cultural Tourism enthusiasts,
Europe has come on a long path since Schuman’s declaration back in 1950 and, next May 9th we will celebrate peace and unity across Europe. While all the planet is still struggling to overcome the terrible effects of the COVID-19 crisis, Cultural Tourism is playing a huge palliative role by sharing Europe’s rich cultural diversity.
Under the auspices of the Portuguese Government, and with full collaboration from the Slovenian Government, H2020 IMPACTOUR Project is proud to announce the ReDiscover Europe Online Workshop which will take place on 9th May 2021 (10:00-17:00 CET time).
The ReDiscover Europe Workshop will provide a unique opportunity to discuss the role of sustainable Cultural Tourism in today’s Europe. Besides important keynote presentations the workshop will hold three key panel debates (with catalyst viewpoints from policy makers, scientific researchers, industry and cultural tourism practitioners):
- Theme 1: Post-COVID cultural tourism – what have we learned, what might we do differently, an opportunity for Big / SMART Data?
- Theme 2: People – accessibility, inclusion/exclusion, market needs
- Theme 3: Technology – digital gateways, mobile interactive content / co-curation, dynamic modelling and tourism management.
High level representatives from a large number of organisations have already confirmed their participation, such as:
- Portuguese Government
- Slovenian Government
- Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe
- COST Association
- European Travel Commission
- European Tourism Association
- EUROPA NOSTRA
- European Heritage Label Network.